SR3R Project Forum

Discussion and debate for the SR3R Project
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:27 pm 

I should get a chance to have my guys playtest the proposal to do away with utilities and change the general TN's around a bit (to match the proposal, so no deception factor anymore, just mostly masking though sometimes I'll be rolling the host vs sensors). I am going to go with the subsystems in tact (so a host will have a color, rating/code, and subsystems), but I am going to make them in the 3-7 range since this is sans utilities. For this situation they're probably going to be 4, just for generic purposes. That said anything else I should look to test here? The character only has a computer skill so I can't test the multiple skill situation (computer, decking/hacking, and programming). Should I try and fool around with the various hacking pool proposals? What would people like to see me try? Maybe the decking overhaul is enough for one playtest. What I really need is a full time decker but my current group keeps losing theirs. For this playtest the rigger will be using the previous decker's deck.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:41 pm 
Forum Admin

Just stick with the no operational utilities part for now. In fact, if you have the time try it both ways: try your no-utilities method, then try the same or a similar run with utilities, just to see the difference in complexity. I doubt there's much, to be honest, especially since we've reduced the number of operational utilities to 11, but playtesting is the true test.